1) What artistic challenges did you encounter this year? This year I was pushed to come up with my own concepts and ideas for the art projects. This allowed me a lot of creative liberty, but it also pushed me out of my comfort zone. Another artistic challenge I faced was that I had to pace myself and stay focused on the projects that I'd chosen, sometimes because this was an independent study I would get distracted or wonder if the projects that I'd taken up weren't a good idea. I pushed through this and came up with some really fun projects this semester.
2) Describe your artistic process you used to develop ideas and work. When I am coming up with a piece, sometimes I will look back through old pieces I've done for inspiration, or I will look through pictures I find on instagram or art websites and pinterests for ideas. Once I've got my idea, I will start doing a few compositionals, either in pencil or colored prismas. Then I will do the final piece.
3) Discuss other challenges and successes. Some challenges I had this semester were to stay with a certain project, a lot of the time I would get discouraged by a project and try starting another one, this ended up leaving me with fewer complete projects then I could've had done by the end of the semester. A success I had however was, because I was given creative liberty in this class, I was able to bring more personal ideas to life, rather than focusing on making the teachers concept come to life with my own twist on it.
4) Reflect on your growth and how to apply what you learned to future projects. I grew artistically quite a bit this semester, and I could use a lot of the things I learned not only in school art classes but I could apply them to life style art practices. The main thing I learned in this class were how to be self motivated, so I can definitely use that to get future projects done effectively.
5) Explain what knowledge you will take with you after this class. Some tools I'll always use from this class was the self discipline and motivation I learned though these projects. I learned that I am capable of creativity outside of the classroom, and I can create really cool art even without a prompt.
6) How did you grow as an artist? I grew creatively and artistically this semester, and I learned a lot of different techniques in painting. Before this class I had never used oil paint in my artistic career, and having the independence to try something new, I got to try it a couple times, and I think it was a successful experience. I got to grow in several different mediums that before this class, I wouldn't have considered myself good at. I got to try a different method of watercolor, and lots of painting techniques Id never used before.